We all know that being physically fit comes with its set of benefits. Living longer, being healthy, and overall well being to enjoy life at your full potential. However, the hard part comes way before you hit the treadmill – your motivation. Working out requires consistency and a truck load of passion and motivation just to get that first step out the door. The time is now to enjoy a good workout, instead of dreading it. Most importantly to stick to a work out, we need to understand the benefits of all the effort. Not only are you going to look great, but feel great too!
- Improves clear thinking with increased blood circulation
- Acts as mood lifter, a natural anti-depressant and reduces stress
- Protects the brain from damage and disease .
- Beautiful You: Exercise and overall fitness helps you detoxify your body and lets your skin breathe. It also helps to tone your body and enhance your overall appearance. So in short, physical fitness keeps you beautiful and glowing (your skin will thank you!).
- Self-Confidence: When you look good and you feel good, inhibitions and insecurities have no where to hang or bog you down! A healthy mind and a healthy body are big boosts to your self-confidence.
- Bye-Bye Illness: Yes, it is true. Moderated and balanced workout in a fitness regimen help to boost your body’s immune system. Fully functional and strong body immunity helps your body develop the strength to ward off diseases and infections.
- Lift someone’s spirit – Ask a friend every day to join you! Happiness is contagious and applying it to your workout is a win win for you and your work out partner…spread it! Lifting others’ moods not only make them happy but you reap the benefits also– so keep your spirits high, share the fun and SMILE!
- Choose a tried and true positive mental “reboot” – there’s millions of things that can ruin your mood in any given day. For those times, pick a positive habit – something that will return you to a state of relaxation. Here’s one of my fail safe goodies: Take 5 deep breaths and shake out your body, repeat “OMMMMM” with every out breath and give yourself a few moments to collect yourself. Although the situation may not change, your perspective might which could make all the difference to peacefully getting to the other side!
Remember ladies, it takes 4 weeks for you to see a change in your body and 8 weeks for your family and friends to notice that change. Nothing good ever comes easy so the faster you can embrace slow change is lasting change, the better. It will help you break the quick fix obsession that gets us into trouble every time. If your goal is to stick with it for health’s sake, you’re on your way to success…the pounds will do what they need to do. Just HAVE FUN and get OUT THERE!!
So be patient and enjoy your fabulous workout regimen!